HTML link to open an access database located on a shared server

• I have an HTML document (on storage, not online) which is basically a collection of links used at work. One thing it needs to link to is a MS Access Database (.accdb) stored on a shared internal server. The link reaches the file, but will not open it, saying it could not be downloaded.

Just open the existing db (I'm using HREF to locate it as a hyperlink)

Any suggestions on how this could be fixed?

The HTML can not be uploaded online. The access database has to be on the shared server. All users have access to shared servers.

Thanks

• Hi Viprit,

As this is a German Forum, there are not many people who would give answers in English, also your question or problem hasn't anything to do with html.

I guess you want to open the remote access dB in an local installed MS access, that's not so easy possible, imaging what would happen, if you could that easy launch applications through links on a website. But, it's possible:

Fist solution: only possible with IE, you could use ActiveX to launch an application with parameter.

Try Google to check the possibilities with ActiveX and also check how dangerous it is, to activate it.

Second solution, I found here:

https://stackoverflow.com/ques…ess-form-from-a-hyperlink.

But again, that's browserspecific.

Regards,

Timo

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!